Colorado Prefab Garages – Prefabricated metal garages manufactured in Colorado could be an ideal home addition to your property. Most people prefer metal ones as they are sturdy, durable, and fully fitted with special features such as windows and doors that can be opened as per requirement.
Metal garages also provide insulation against snow during the winter months and keep the house cool during the summer months. The heat escapes through vents provided at the top of these structures. However, if you do not want any ventilation, then it can be closed using a manual option provided by the manufacturer.
The main feature that makes these structures so attractive is their flexibility to integrate within your house for storage purposes. Buyers usually prefer factory-painted buildings instead of having them done locally, giving them an attractive finish ready to go.
The two common types of metal garage used by people are:
(1) Carports. These offer enough space to keep your vehicle and other items such as bicycles, tools, etc stored in them. They can be built according to individual needs and preferences. The metal roof is designed in a way that the snow slides off easily, leaving an uncluttered surface, so you never have to clean your garages again!
(2) Colorado Prefab Garages with a loft or storage area. Garages that come with a loft or storage area can be fitted with a ladder or a staircase for access from inside the house, making it convenient if you serve drinks from there during parties.
Some garages also come with additional features such as an attic window, skylights, and shutters at each side of the structure, making it look like the house itself. These options are provided at an additional cost, and you can choose what suits your needs best.
Detached garages are also a preferred option. They can be converted into a guest house whenever needed. The only additional cost you would need to bear is for electrical wiring and installation of water pipes.
However, while choosing metal garages, remember that the durability of these structures depends upon how well they are maintained. If you do not wish to go through any trouble, you can also choose prefabricated garages that come with all structural frames already built.
Once your garage is up and ready, it would be advisable to get waterproofing done on the structure so that it remains in its original form without getting damaged by rain or snow. You should also get it painted so that it blends beautifully within the exterior décor of your home.
Investing in a metal garage is probably the best investment you will ever make as it saves time, money, and energy throughout the year. Having one of these structures on your property also increases the home’s value significantly apart from providing security to all your vehicles.
Prefab Metal Building/Garage FAQ’s
How long does it take to construct a prefab garage?
It depends on the size of your metal garage. They are built according to your needs and specifications. Larger structures usually take between one to two weeks, while smaller ones can be completed in less than a week.
Detached garages usually take a few weeks more to get completed as they require additional framework and windows.
How well insulated are metal garages?
Colorado Prefab Garages provide insulation against snow during the winter months and keep the house cool during the summer months. The heat escapes through vents provided at the top of these structures. However, if you do not want any ventilation, it can be closed using a manual option provided by the manufacturer.
Are Colorado prefab garages strong enough to bear snowfall in the winters?
Yes, they are constructed in such a way that they can handle Colorado snow loads without collapsing or getting damaged. They also come with a comprehensive support system to underpin them against uneven surfaces. The manufacturers generally attach 2’x2′ steel beams beneath for extra strength if required by buyers.
Need A Prefab Garage For Your Home? Get A Prefab Building Delivered Fast and Save!
Letting us help you find the right building fast and easy.
What kind of structure should I choose: A loft or a storage shed?
It is up to you. Most manufacturers provide both options so you can choose whichever one suits your requirements best.
Detached garages are usually constructed for additional storage space or as a guesthouse.
What are the benefits of using metal garages instead of wooden ones?
Factory-painted prefab garages are more durable than their wooden counterparts. They also look attractive and blend in with the surrounding environment. Wood requires regular maintenance. However, with metal structures, you do not have to worry about getting them painted or maintained ever!
How much manual labor is involved in constructing these buildings?
These buildings are designed in such a way that they require low manpower during construction. All you need is someone who can lift heavy weights as most parts need to be lifted by crane for construction purposes. It does not require any serious expertise or technical know-how to put together the building.
A metal garage is a good investment for your house as it increases its value significantly apart from saving space inside your premises. These structures are beautiful, easy to maintain and provide an extra storage area, making them the best option for daily use.
How much do they cost?
Depending on the size of the Colorado Prefab Garages you want, these buildings come at different prices. The larger structures are generally more expensive than the small ones. But considering their durable nature, long life span, and numerous benefits, they offer buyers to make them worth every penny spent!
A detached garage should be insulated and should have an attached room for a furnace or air conditioner. Otherwise, it will not provide you with all-year-round benefits. It also requires proper ventilation to keep the interior cool during the summer months.
Hiring a contractor to build your prefab metal garage may cost you approximately $4,500, depending on your geographical location and the size of the structure.
However, if you go for Do-It-Yourself, renting a metal building costs around $600-$800 per month based on its size, including transportation and delivery charges.
If you want to save costs and time, investing in this building is undoubtedly your best option!
If you find one within your budget, give it some thought before purchasing it! Don’t forget to compare prices from different manufacturers. Most of them offer a free quote.
What kind of damage can these structures incur?
Metal garages are built with the latest technology and have an exceptional design. They are strong enough to support heavy snowfall without caving in. These structures also come standard with anchoring systems which ensure that they do not move even during high winds. However, the only exception is earthquakes, as metal cannot withstand them due to their flimsy nature no matter how well structured they may be!
How long does it take to maintain them?
It depends on the size of your garage, but metal garages require low maintenance apart from painting every three years or so. It takes about 5 hours for a person to complete this process by themself. You need paint brushes and rollers or special paints for this purpose!
Are these structures customizable?
Yes, most manufacturers provide customization options so that you can get the design and color of your choice. They also accommodate buyers with special requests like having a skylight or changing the number of walls present in these structures.
What kind of anchoring systems do they come with?
These Colorado Prefab Garages come standard with anchors that ensure that they do not move during high winds. You must inspect your premises every few months to ensure they are still intact. This is especially true for smaller garages as it will be difficult to spot damage if any on such small structures otherwise!
Is it possible to construct these buildings with my own hands?
It depends on the height of your steel garage, but yes, most manufacturers provide DIY kits for smaller steel garages, so you can do it yourself if you want to cut down on cost. This allows buyers to learn how these structures are constructed, which is always a plus point!
Are they fireproof?
Metal garages can withstand fire, making them an excellent choice for people living near forests or those who like cooking on open flames inside their homes! However, wooden elements like doors need regular maintenance as wood burns easily, due to which these structures can be burnt down completely! If you want to buy a metal garage, make sure to test the quality of the material used for your inspection purposes before purchasing it!
What type of warranty do they come with?
Manufacturers offer warranties against defective parts and materials in their prefab metal garages. Most states require that buyers get this information in writing while signing the contract so that there is no ambiguity later on about what was promised and what was delivered by sellers! Metal garages are generally very durable and require low maintenance, but if things go wrong during or after construction, manufacturers try their best to sort out issues as quickly as possible so that clients do not suffer losses due to such mishaps!
Are these structures fireproof?
Yes, metal garages come with this property as they do not catch fire easily, due to which buyers can rest easy knowing that their belongings are secure! Wood-based structures require special care, so homeowners need to be extra careful during the construction process or repairs or renovations if any other activity is being carried out on these houses!
Are they easy to maintain?
Colorado Prefab Garages are pretty easy to maintain as they require minimal care! You need to repaint metal buildings every few years so that the rough surface remains intact. Due to which you do not have any chipping issues on your new structure, so there is no cause of concern whatsoever!
What are some of the disadvantages of prefab metal garage kits?
Some suppliers may deliver subpar products or services, but most manufacturers try their best to ensure that clients enjoy hassle-free experiences with them! If you want to buy a prefab metal garage, you should check out dealers’ ratings online before handing over your hard-earned money. This way, you can be sure about the quality of what you will receive in exchange for your money!
What are the best ways to care for metal garage kits?
Metal structures need regular maintenance, so you need to repaint them every few years. This will protect against rusting and corrosion which may cause considerable losses in the long run! It is essential to keep these buildings clean so that they last longer. You can use a warm water solution with mild detergent if there are chipping issues on your paint surface.
How should I store my car while storing my stuff in a prefabricated metal garage?
When you buy a prefabricated metal garage, you will want to park your car inside it. But how do you ensure that both stay safe until the next time you use them? There are several ways to go about this as follows:
- Smaller garages can house 1-2 vehicles comfortably. So, you can park your car inside and leave the bulky items like bikes and other accessories outside! You should place them in a safe location or secure them using chains and padlocks to prevent damage due to natural calamities like bad weather and earthquakes!
- Larger metal garages can accommodate three or more vehicles. In such cases, you need to put your car inside first before bringing other stuff, starting from the most minor items first. This will reduce the time you take to bring everything together! This way, your car remains protected against dust and water at all times.
You can hire guards from a third party to keep an eye on things during your absence, or ask some relatives to look after them if you feel the need for this arrangement!
Need A Prefab Garage For Your Home? Get A Prefab Building Delivered Fast and Save!
Letting us help you find the right building fast and easy.
What are the roof styles for a prefab garage?
Metal garages come with a variety of roof styles to choose from, depending on your requirements and budget! These include:
- Flat-roofed structures with a low slope angle are perfect for people who live in desert regions or places facing extreme heat conditions year-round! Such buildings are suitable for areas with no rainfall. These can be used in place of office sheds, storage units, etc.
- A Gabled roof, which has a steeper pitch angle, lets the rainwater runoff quickly into gutters installed at the edges of sheet metal sheets that form your structure’s walls and ceiling. This type of construction resembles traditional gable-roofed homes. It allows free movement inside with no interference from water while also keeping the sun’s UV rays outside, which means your metal garage kit will last longer.
- A Hip roof is another commonly used one on these structures because it ensures that rainwater flows freely to gutters without accumulating on the roof! These are suitable for areas where it rains often or heavily, i.e., in tropical environments or places close to beaches or large bodies of water, etc.
- A vertical roof with no slope is commonly used under certain climatic conditions where rainwater does not accumulate on roofs. This type of construction is also known as a lean-to roof and has more than one sloping plane that meets at each other’s highest point while the outer façade remains vertical!
The flat-roofed variant of prefab metal garages is best suited for areas where rainfall is scarce, so you can opt for this style if you live in regions often hit by droughts or high temperatures.
Check at the below list to see what makes prefab garages one of the best options around:
1. Saves Time and Money: Prefabs are actually created utilizing guidelines that is quickly available for construction companies in order to make them quick and simple. This makes them more efficient than building an individual structure.
The prefab garage is actually built offsite so you don’t need to worry about the noise or having your area cluttered with any additional materials. Additionally, the garages are built in the factory so there isn’t any risk of damage taking place by making use of sub-par materials. The prefab garage blueprint is actually created utilizing high-quality supplies and materials, so you know the product will be strong and sturdy.
2. Guarantees Accuracy: Prefab garages may look flimsy and cheap when in fact these structures are extremely durable and tough ones to be able to construct an individual structure. The prefab garage blueprints found on the internet offers a great deal of accuracy since they’re built with information from professionals who has experience in designing such structures for years!
3. Saves Space: When compared with building your custom made garage, prefabs do not take up much space like conventional garages due to the fact that these structures usually take less than half the amount of time needed in order to build an individual garage.
4. Doesn’t Require Skilled Workers: The prefab garage blueprints doesn’t need you to hire workers who are skilled or has experience working on garages since these structures can be built quickly and accurately in the factory. This ensures that the products turn out great every time!
5. Can Be Used For Various Services: With different types of prefab garage blueprints available for anyone to pick, you’re able to easily select a design that will best fit your needs and requirements. Not only can it be used as a garage but also for a parking area, an area where kids play or even a place where you put your garden tools!
As long as you have enough space then having a prefab garage is one of the best ways to construct a garage that will last for several years. The prefab garages can be built quickly and with accuracy, so you won’t have to worry about the quality of the structure when in fact these structures are made from top-notch materials.
When compared with building your own garage, prefabs are not only more affordable but it makes the entire process simple and quick since you won’t be spending much time on designing, buying materials nor hiring workers. With less than half the amount of money needed for an individual structure you will get a well-constructed garage that can last for years!
Cities in Colorado
Northglenn, Littleton, Greeley, Englewood, Cimarron Hills, Boulder, Aurora, Durango, Fountain, Louisville, Lafayette, Thornton, Lakewood, Loveland, Wheat Ridge, Canon City, Castlewood, Clifton, Ken Caryl, Brighton, Denver, Broomfield, Highlands Ranch, Welby, Grand Junction, Longmont, Pueblo, Golden, Sherrelwood, Black Forest, Federal Heights, Sterling, Fort Collins, Westminster, Columbine, Security-Widefield, Arvada, Colorado Springs, Castle Rock,Commerce City, Pueblo West, Southglenn, Parker, Montrose
County List In Colorado
- Adams County
- Alamosa County
- Arapahoe County
- Archuleta County
- Baca County
- Bent County
- Boulder County
- Broomfield County
- Chaffee County
- Cheyenne County
- Clear Creek County
- Conejos County
- Costilla County
- Crowley County
- Custer County
- Delta County
- Denver County
- Dolores County
- Douglas County
- Eagle County
- El Paso County
- Elbert County
- Fremont County
- Garfield County
- Gilpin County
- Grand County
- Gunnison County
- Hinsdale County
- Huerfano County
- Jackson County
- Jefferson County
- Kiowa County
- Kit Carson County
- La Plata County
- Lake County
- Larimer County
- Las Animas County
- Lincoln County
- Logan County
- Mesa County
- Mineral County
- Moffat County
- Montezuma County
- Montrose County
- Morgan County
- Otero County
- Ouray County
- Park County
- Phillips County
- Pitkin County
- Prowers County
- Pueblo County
- Rio Blanco County
- Rio Grande County
- Routt County
- Saguache County
- San Juan County
- San Miguel County
- Sedgwick County
- Summit County
- Teller County
- Washington County
- Weld County
- Yuma County
Internet Discussion of Prefab Garages
Forum #3 – Prefab vs Stick
Forum #4 – Prefab vs Pole Barn