New Jersey prefab garages are the perfect solution for all your storage needs. They are easy to assemble and can be customized to fit your specific requirements. You can choose from various styles and colors to match your home décor.
Find the Best Prices for Adding A Garage Building and Save!
What type of garage do you want to build?
Compare Quotes From Top-Rated Garage Builders
What type of garage do you want to build?
Prefab garages are a great way to add extra storage space to your home without undergoing major construction. They are also great for those looking to build a new home as they can be added as an extension to the house.
Your prefab garage will be built with high-quality materials by professional designers and installers. The best thing about them is that you don’t have to do anything – wait for it to arrive at your door!
Now for the best part – New Jersey prefab garages can be customized to meet your exact requirements. This means you can specify your garage’s size, style, and color.
This size is essential as it will influence how many cars you can park in your new custom-built garage. Most garages built by professional installers are between 12 and 14 feet in width and between 20 and 30 feet in length. The height of your prefab garage is also essential as it will determine how much storage space you have available inside. Most garages are 8 feet high, but this can vary depending on the installation specifications.
The best thing about New Jersey prefab garages is that they can be built with high-quality materials to match the style of your house. They can be constructed with brick, stone, or even stucco, so you can choose the option that will blend best with your home’s exterior design.
Prefab garages are perfect for those who want extra space at home without taking up valuable yard space. They are also a great way to increase the value of your home.
Prefab Metal Building/Garage FAQs
What is a prefab metal garage?
A prefab metal garage is a type of building that has been constructed in a factory and then shipped to the customer for assembly on site. They are very popular because they can be assembled quickly with little difficulty, usually by one person with no prior experience.
What types of materials are used in prefab metal garages?
The most common type of material used in prefab metal garages is galvanized steel. However, some manufacturers also offer aluminum, copper, and stainless steel garages.
What are the advantages of choosing a metal garage over a wooden garage?
A prefab metal garage has many benefits that other types of garages do not. These include:
- Durability – Prefab metal buildings and prefab metal garages are virtually indestructible. This is because metal only rusts when it comes into contact with water, and this can be avoided by building a raised concrete foundation to keep water away from the structure.
- Longevity – Prefab metal buildings and prefab metal garages are built to last for many years. This means that they can pay for themselves in just a few short years compared with other types of structures such as wooden sheds, brick outbuildings, or mobile homes, which may require expensive repairs in just a few years.
- Fire Resistance – Metal buildings and prefab metal garages are non-combustible, meaning they will not catch on fire if a flame or spark comes in contact with them.
- Wind Resistance – Metal buildings and prefab metal garages can withstand high winds without sustaining any damage.
What is the average lifespan of a metal garage?
The average lifespan of a metal garage is around 20 to 30 years. However, a metal garage can last for many more years with proper maintenance and care.
Are there any special permits required for a metal garage?
In most cases, no special permits are required for a metal garage. However, it is always best to check with your local zoning laws to be sure.
What are the most common colors for prefab metal garages?
The most common color options for prefab metal garages are white, silver and grey. However, some manufacturers offer custom color options so they can be matched to the exterior of your home.
What is the best type of flooring for a prefab metal garage?
A concrete floor will be the sturdiest option when installing a prefab metal garage. However, if your prefab metal building comes with a wooden floor, it can easily be covered with any type of carpet or surface you like.
How high should my prefab metal garage be?
Most prefab metal garages are 8 feet tall, though some manufacturers offer taller or shorter garages options. It is essential to remember that your prefab metal garage needs to match the style and size of other buildings on your property, such as your home and outbuildings.
What kind of insulation should I use in my prefab metal garage?
It is best to choose an insulation material that will not be affected by moisture. This means using a product such as foam insulation, which will also help make your prefab metal garage more energy efficient.
What are the most common door styles for prefabs?
The most common type of doors for prefab metal garages are overhead doors. However, some manufacturers also offer sliding doors and barn-style doors.
How do I choose the right prefab metal garage for my needs?
When choosing a prefab metal garage, it is vital to consider the size of the garage, the color options, the door style, and the type of insulation. It is also essential to ensure the garage will be compatible with your property and zoning laws.
Do prefab metal garages come with a warranty?
Yes, prefab metal garages come with a manufacturer’s warranty. The length and terms of the warranty vary from one manufacturer to another.
Can I install a metal garage myself?
In most cases, yes. However, it is always best to consult with the manufacturer to be sure. Some manufacturers offer installation services at an additional cost.
What are the different types of prefab car garages?
The most common types of prefab car garages are the single-car garage and the double-car garage. However, there are also many other options available, such as:
- Triple-Car Garage – Offers up to three parking spaces and provides a garage door at each end of the structure
- Saltbox Garage – Has gables on one side and is entirely open on the other side. It is perfect for those who want more storage space while still having easy access to their vehicles.
- Quonset-Style Garage – This type of garage is dome-shaped and can be mounted on a raised concrete slab or built into the ground. It provides plenty of storage space and makes it easy to access your car.
- Commercial Garages – These garages are larger than most others and may include commercial-style roll-up doors, so they are ideal for people who need additional parking spaces for their business.
- Quadruple-Car Garage- This garage is perfect for those who need to store multiple vehicles. It includes four parking spaces and a large garage door on each end.
- Garage with Loft -This garage includes a loft area that can be used for storage or as a workspace. It is perfect for those who want to have a workspace at home.
- Garage with Workshop -This is the perfect option for those who want to have a full-size area to build or repair cars. It is large enough to hold up to three vehicles, and its workshop includes all of the tools needed for most repairs.
- Single-Car Garage – This garage provides plenty of storage space but only holds one car. It is perfect for those who do not need a lot of space and want an affordable option.
- Double-Car Garage – This garage is perfect for those who need to store two cars. It includes two parking spaces and a large garage door on each end.
- Prefab attic car garage – A prefab attic car garage lets you have a secure and easily accessible place to store your vehicle. It also includes additional storage space for those who need it.
- Metal garages with living quarters -These metal garages offer full interior living spaces that include appliances, cabinets, and more. They are perfect for those who want an affordable option for tiny living.
- Double-wide modular garages – These garages are designed for those who want to maximize the space in their yard. They provide two parking spots and can be connected with other double-wide modular garages.
- Two-story two-car garages – A two-story two-car garage is perfect for those who want to maximize their storage space. It features a large door on the top level and includes another door below it that provides additional access to your vehicle. This type of garage can also have an upstairs living space.
- Garage with an enclosed breezeway – A breezeway connects your home to your garage, providing a covered space in which to walk. It is perfect for those who want to keep the weather out while they are walking to and from their car.
- Prefab lift car garages – These garages are designed to provide easy access to your vehicle. They include an automatic lift that makes it simple to park underneath the garage, where it is out of sight.
As you can see, there are many different types of prefab car garages available on the market today, so no matter what you’re looking for, it is always best to shop around to find the best option for you.
What type of metal is used in prefab metal garages?
The type of metal used in prefab metal garages varies from one manufacturer to another. However, most prefab metal garages are made from galvanized steel. This type of metal is weather-resistant and will not rust or corrode. It is also affordable and easy to maintain.
Can I use my metal garage as living quarters?
Yes, many prefab metal garages can be used as living quarters or converted into them – either temporarily or permanently.
What are the dimensions of a single-car prefab garage?
The dimensions of a single-car prefab garage are typically 24 x 30 feet. However, this can vary depending on the manufacturer.
What are the dimensions of a double-car prefab garage?
The most common size for a double-car prefab garage is 20 x 40 feet. However, this also varies depending on the manufacturer.
Can I customize the size of my prefab metal garage?
Yes, you can customize the size of your prefab metal garage to fit your specific needs. However, there may be an additional cost for custom sizes.
What type of roof does a prefab metal garage have?
A prefab metal garage typically has a metal roof, although some manufacturers offer roofing made from other materials such as asphalt shingles or cedar shakes.
Are metal garages and buildings eco-friendly?
Yes, metal garages and buildings are eco-friendly because they are made from recycled materials.
What garages are most common in the United States?
The most common types of prefab car garages are single-car carports, double-car carports, and metal garages with living quarters. However, there are many other options available as well.
Can I customize a prefab metal garage?
Yes, you can customize a prefab metal garage to meet your specific needs. Some manufacturers offer custom sizes and other features such as additional windows and garage doors.
What is the difference between a prefab metal carport and a prefab garage?
The main difference between a prefab carport and a prefab garage is that a carport does not include walls, while a garage does. Carports are also typically smaller than garages.
What type of door does a prefab metal garage have?
Prefab car metal garages typically have a roll-up door, although some manufacturers offer other types of doors as well.
What is the difference between a prefab metal garage and an RV garage?
The main difference between a prefab metal garage and an RV garage is that the latter is specifically designed for storing recreational vehicles. The former can be used to store any type of vehicle, including RVs.
Can I customize the interior of my prefab carport?
Yes, you can customize the interior of your prefab carport to meet your specific needs. Some manufacturers offer various electrical wiring, insulation, and more options.
What are the benefits of a metal garage?
There are many benefits to owning a metal garage. Some of the most popular benefits include:
- sheltered parking for your car, truck, motorcycle, or other vehicles
- protection from the weather, including rain, snow, wind, and hail
- protection from theft or vandalism
- easy installation
- many sizes and styles to choose from
can be used as a garage, workshop, storage shed, or other types of structure
What are the best metal building styles in New Jersey?
The best metal building styles in New Jersey include post frame buildings, steel buildings, and commercial buildings.
Are prefab metal garages safe?
Yes, prefab metal garages are incredibly safe. They meet or exceed all local and national building codes.
What materials do prefab carports use?
Prefab carports can be made from various materials, including but not limited to steel, aluminum, and vinyl.
What is the size of a prefab metal garage?
The most common sizes for prefab metal garages are 8′ x 12′, 10′ x 20′ and 12′ x 24′. However, there are many other options available as well.
Can I use a prefab metal garage for storage?
Yes, you can use a prefab metal garage for storage. In fact, many people do just that. The large interior space of a metal garage makes it the perfect place to store your belongings.
Can I convert my prefab metal garage into a living space?
Yes, you can convert a prefab metal garage into a living space. This is a great option for people who want to live in their garage or who need extra living space.
What are the dimensions of a prefab metal garage?
Prefab metal garages come in a variety of sizes, but the most common sizes are 8′ x 12′, 10′ x 20′ and 12′ x 24′.
What is the warranty on a prefab metal garage?
Prefab metal garages typically come with a limited warranty from the manufacturer. Be sure to read the warranty carefully to understand what is covered.
What are metal building applications in New Jersey?
Some of the most common metal building applications in New Jersey include farms, carports, garages, workshops, and storage.
What is a prefab carport used for?
Prefab carports are typically used to provide extra shelter for vehicles such as cars, trucks, or RVs. However, some people also use them to expand their patio or place their children to play.
Are prefab garages fireproof?
No, prefab garages are not fireproof and should never be used as a place to store things that can be damaged by heat, such as paint, gasoline, or other flammable items.
How long does it take to build a prefab metal garage?
It can take anywhere from 1 – 3 days to build a prefab metal garage, depending on the size and complexity of your design.
What are steel building construction methods in New Jersey?
Steel building construction methods vary depending on the type of steel structure you need. For example, light gauge steel framing requires less labor than heavy gauge steel framing.
Who can install a prefab metal garage?
Most prefab metal garages in New Jersey are installed by the consumer and with the help of their friends and family, although some people choose to hire a professional installer.
What is post frame construction in New Jersey?
Post-frame construction consists of 4″ x 4″ or 6″ x 6″ posts set in concrete footings. This type of construction is very strong and can be used for various applications, including garages, barns, sheds, and other types of buildings.
What is the difference between a steel building and a metal building?
A steel building is made entirely of steel, while a metal building is made with steel and other types of metals.
How do I install my own prefab metal garage?
You can typically install your own prefab metal garage if you have basic knowledge of carpentry and construction. You will need to follow the instructions that come with your metal garage kit, including all of the information you need to complete the installation.
What are the different roof styles for New Jersey steel garages?
The different roof styles for steel garages in New Jersey include gable, flat, and gambrel.
What size doors do prefab metal garages come with?
Prefab metal garages typically have doors that are 8′ high. This is large enough to fit most vehicles, but some manufacturers also offer taller versions of their standard building.
Do I need a permit to build a prefab metal garage?
You may need a permit to build a prefab metal garage, depending on the size and location of your garage. Be sure to check with your local municipality to find out what is required.
Can I add extra features to my prefab metal garage?
Yes, you can typically add extra features to your prefab metal garages, such as windows, doors, skylights, and other types of roofing. Just be sure to consult with your manufacturer to find out what is available and what will work with your specific garage kit.
What are the best styles of metal garages in New Jersey?
Some of the best styles of metal garages in New Jersey include:
- ranch metal garage – This style is rectangular and has a single door and window.
- Colonial metal garage – This metal garage style has multiple doors to be entered from either side. It also features an overhead door at the front of the building.
- Contemporary metal garage – This metal garage style features clean lines and modern styling. Many contemporary garages also come with extra insulation and energy-efficient features.
- A-frame vertical garages – This metal garage style is perfect for small spaces and has a sloping roof that allows snow to slide off easily.
- Regular style metal garages – This metal garage style is shaped like a rectangle, but the roof is slightly curved. It is perfect for larger vehicles and offers more space than a traditional rectangular garage.
- A-frame horizontal garages – This metal garage style is very similar to an A-frame vertical metal garage, but it has a flat roof instead of a sloping one.
- Commercial garages – This style is very similar to the regular style metal garage but larger and features multiple doors for ease of entry.
How much do prefab metal garages cost in New Jersey?
The average prefab metal garage kit costs between $2,500 and $5,000. They can cost more if you add extra features such as windows or skylights.
Estimated metal building prices are as follows:
- one-car garages cost an average of $3,000
- two-car garages cost an average of $4,500
- three-car garages cost an average of $6,000
- four-car garages cost an average of $7,500
What are some common features of prefab metal garages?
Some common features of prefab metal garages include large overhangs for protecting cars from rain, skylights or other types of windows for improved lighting and insulation to help save on energy costs.
Can I paint my prefab metal garage?
Yes, you can usually paint your prefab metal garage if necessary. The exact type of paint you will need to use will depend on the materials used for your specific building. Some manufacturers offer a paint kit and tips for achieving a high-quality finish. Some kits can also include a primer to help the paint adhere well.
I don’t want to assemble my prefab metal garage myself; can someone else do it for me?
Yes, you can usually hire someone to put together your prefab metal garage for you, regardless of whether or not you purchase an assembled or unassembled kit. However, it is essential to note that some manufacturers will not honor a warranty unless a certified installer assembles the building.
Can I dismantle my prefab metal garage?
In some cases, it may be possible for you to dismantle your prefab metal garage if necessary. Before trying this yourself, check with your manufacturer to determine precisely what can and cannot be done.
How do I maintain my prefab metal garage?
You can maintain your prefab metal garage by sweeping it regularly and checking for problems. It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for rusting or other types of damage that may occur over time. You should have your manufacturer inspect any parts that seem damaged as soon as possible to ensure safe use.
How long do prefab metal garages last?
A properly maintained prefab metal garage can last for as long as 20 years, but most manufacturers recommend replacing such structures every 10 to 15 years. This is because the risk of other types of damage increases over time, and it is vital to be aware that certain parts may not be manufactured anymore.
Cities in New Jersey
Plainfield, Teaneck, Trenton, Newark, Clifton, West New York, Lakewood, East Brunswick, Vineland, Sayreville, Livingston, Camden, Garfield, Fort Lee, Wayne, Union, Long Branch, Belleville, West Orange, Toms River, Bloomfield, Bayonne, Irvington, East Orange, Westfield, Linden, Hackensack, Atlantic City, Montclair, Edison, Pennsauken, Fair Lawn, Union City, Orange, Kearny, Jersey City, Elizabeth, New Brunswick, Perth Amboy, Ewing, Passaic, Paterson, North Brunswick Township, Hoboken