Ohio prefab garages are quality garages at affordable prices. There are many different prefab garages to choose from, including steel garages, wood garages, and vinyl garages. See below for specific examples of all the wonderful varieties that you can have installed in your backyard.
Find the Best Prices for Adding A Garage Building and Save!
What type of garage do you want to build?
Compare Quotes From Top-Rated Garage Builders
What type of garage do you want to build?
- Steel Garages
Ohio prefab steel garages are some of the sturdiest metal buildings around. Over the past few decades, these prefab metal garages have gained popularity in many parts of the country because of their strength and durability in all types of weather. With Ohio steel garages, you can expect to find unique features not available in other types of garages. For example, your steel garage may come with a variety of ceiling heights to choose from, so you can get your perfect Ohio prefab steel garage.
- Wood Garages
While Ohio prefab garages are usually metal or vinyl, wood garages can be an excellent choice for those who want the warmth of wooden construction. Wood is beautiful, and its natural look enhances any backyard’s exterior design. Many wood garages come with features like built-in cabinets, lofted space for extra storage, and even unfinished interiors that allow you to customize your garage just the way you like it!
- Vinyl Garages
Ohio prefab vinyl garages are some of the most inexpensive options around. Even though they might not have all the same customizability as other types of prefab steel buildings or different styles of Ohio prefab buildings, these garages will still improve your home’s exterior. And vinyl is actually one of the most durable materials for garages. So with Ohio vinyl garages, you are choosing not only an affordable option but also one that will last a long time in your backyard.
Ohio prefab vinyl garages are also very popular among homeowners—especially those who live in the south, where it is hot and muggy for most of the year. With a vinyl garage, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of outdoor storage space without worrying about it deteriorating over time. Vinyl garages are well insulated, meaning that not only can you keep your stored items cool in the summer but also warm during the winter.
- Other Types of Prefab Buildings
Ohio prefab buildings come in many different styles, making it possible for you to find the perfect match for your home’s exterior design. If you want to really customize your new addition, then look into Ohio prefab metal buildings or even Ohio prefab steel buildings, which offer more options than other types of prefab structures in terms of customizability and durability. And if you need large structures like shops or barns, then consider looking at our selection of Ohio prefabs with lofts.
Now is a great time to invest in one of these structures so you can finally have the extra space you need to store your belongings. You will be able to enjoy the extra room that Ohio prefab garages offer for years to come.
Prefab Metal Building/Garage FAQs
What is a prefab metal building/garage?
A prefab metal building or garage is a structure assembled off-site and then delivered to the location where it will be installed.
What are the benefits of a prefab metal building/garage?
One of the most significant advantages of a prefab metal building or garage is lower cost. Since it is already assembled off-site, you won’t have to pay for any on-site labor costs.
Are prefab metal buildings/ garages safe?
Prefab metal buildings are extremely safe because they are built with strong materials that can withstand even the harshest weather conditions like extreme winds and snow.
How long does it take to assemble a prefab metal building?
Prefab metal buildings are rapid to assemble once they arrive. It usually takes less than one day to finish the assembly process.
Are prefab metal buildings/ garages environmentally friendly?
Yes, many of these new metal buildings are environmentally friendly because they were constructed with recycled materials.
How long does a prefab metal building/garage last?
A prefab metal building or garage will last a long time. Depending on the construction and type of metal used, you may get up to 40 years out of them before they need repair or replacement.
Are prefab metal buildings/garages energy efficient?
Prefab metal buildings are energy efficient because their tight seals help prevent heat from escaping in the winter and entering during the summer months.
Where do prefab metal buildings/garages come from?
Many of these garages and metal building components are manufactured in the U.S.A.
Does a prefab metal building/garage have to be installed by professionals?
No, many people choose to install their own prefab metal building. Be sure to check with your local building regulations before attempting an installation on your own.
What are some of the different styles?
Prefab metal garage styles you can expect to find are traditional, contemporary, modern, and rustic.
- Traditional prefab metal garage style – The traditional style is the most common prefab metal garage because it fits well with many different types of homes. This type of prefab metal garage often resembles an outbuilding or carriage house.
- Contemporary prefab metal garage style – A contemporary prefab metal garage is shaped like a box and has flat walls. It usually looks like it has no external support beams because you will notice that the exterior panels are flush with the external structure lines. Modern prefab metal garage style
- The modern prefab metal garage design is something that resembles industrial architecture. The exterior walls are made up of large panels resembling shipping containers. Rustic prefab metal garages
- A rustic prefab building features stacked stone walls, wood panel walls, and different door designs.
Are prefab metal garages energy efficient?
Prefab metal garages are often built with special insulation that can help keep them cool in the summer months and warm during the winter.
Do prefab metal garage windows block out all sunlight?
The windows on a prefab garage may be small or large, depending on your preference. If you choose to use windows on your structure, be sure to get ones designed not to block too much sunlight so you can get natural light inside even when it is cloudy outside. Also, remember that if you want to add skylights for extra illumination, they will require permits because they can cause problems with daylighting regulations in your area.
What is the average cost of a prefab metal garage?
Prefab garages range in price from $30 to $40 per square foot. The cost will be higher for a custom design and lower for a basic style.
How much do you need to pay extra after installation?
It depends on your local regulations, but you will probably have to pay permit fees that vary from place to place. You may also have to hire inspectors to determine if your building meets fire department regulations, especially if it has an attached office or living quarters.
What are some of the standard features? On most prefab metal garages, you can expect to find a few options: electrical outlets, heaters, water heaters, and windows.
Is a prefab garage expensive?
A prefab metal garage is not necessarily more expensive than other types of garages, but the cost will depend on your needs. The more features you add to your building, the higher the price will be.
What are some of the benefits of prefab metal garages?
Some of the advantages include the following:
- durability – metal is a very strong, durable material resistant to water and the elements.
- Long-lasting – metal won’t warp or rot like wood, and you can choose to buy galvanized panels that are rust-resistant.
- More affordable than most people think – the cost of a prefab metal garage is often lower than other types of garages because they don’t require foundations or strong supports like many traditional buildings do.
- Prefab metal garages can be customized with different features and styles for your needs. Some manufacturers will even work with you to create a unique design that meets your specifications.
- Can be moved or relocated – If you want to move your prefab garage to another part of the property, it is easy because this type of building does not rely on an underground foundation. Furthermore, most pre-manufactured buildings are made using primarily bolt-together components to be reassembled somewhere else if necessary easily.
- Ease of installation – prefab metal garages are typically shipped in pieces that can be easily assembled like a jigsaw puzzle.
- Energy efficiency – metal absorbs heat in the summer and retains it during winter, which can help keep your building warm.
- Visually appealing – metal offers a sleek, modern appearance that can add curb appeal to any home or business.
How much do prefab garages cost?
Depending on the size, style, construction material used, and level of customization or personalization desired will determine what type of price range you’ll find. However, the estimated costs typically range from $8-$12 per square foot.
Metal building prices can vary greatly depending on the design, materials, and other specifications selected.
Prefab metal garages can be affordable for most people looking to save money on storage buildings or workshops. You can usually pay off your prefab metal garage within ten years if you include everything in your initial costs, including maintenance over time.
Deciding whether to buy a prefabricated metal building or an ordinary garage will depend on your needs and budget. There are pros and cons to both choices that you should consider before finalizing your decision.
Estimated metal garage prices are as follows:
- one car metal garages range from $4,000 to $7,000
- two car metal garages range from $5,900 to $8,400
- three car metal garages range from $8,700 to over $10,800
- five car metal garages range from around $14,500
Types of doors that can be found on prefab garage buildings: roll-up doors (most common), tilt-up doors, and sectional roll-up doors. All designs are available as standard options with most manufacturers.
Is financing available for prefab buildings/garages?
Yes, many lenders offer affordable financing options.
Does a prefab metal building/garage provide tax benefits?
Yes, it does! Many people use them as their second home, which provides tax deductions at the end of each year if they follow IRS guidelines.
Are prefabricated metal garages susceptible to fire?
Metal is a non-combustible material, which means that fires cannot quickly spread from one part of the structure to another.
Do prefab metal garages have warranties just like regular garages?
Yes, many manufacturers offer a 10 -12 year warranty on parts and labor and a long-term warranty on rust for homes with steel panels.
Is it possible to install heating/air conditioning in a prefab building? Prefab metal buildings can be insulated, have insulation added, or be heated/cooled by other methods depending on your needs and the style of the building.
Can prefab metal garages offer the same strength and durability as a traditional brick and mortar garage?
Yes, they can, depending on your needs. Modular buildings like prefab garages are often better suited for areas that experience harsher weather conditions because metal is naturally resistant to water, humidity, rust, etc.
How much do prefabricated buildings weigh?
Prefab buildings vary in weight depending on their size and construction. As a general rule of thumb, the larger the building will be, the more substantial it will be in weight. Smaller buildings around 500 sq ft tend to be less than 5400 lbs before installing interior finishes. Larger commercial-sized can weigh anywhere between 6500-10000 lbs.
Can I build my own prefab garage?
You can certainly attempt to build your own prefab metal building if you want, but remember that it will take special training, equipment, and permits to meet local regulations on building standards.
What are prefab metal garages made of?
Prefab garage doors are typically made with galvanized steel or aluminum, but other materials can be used if necessary.
What is a Modular Metal Building?
A metal building is pre-manufactured in a factory and then shipped to a construction site where it can be installed.
What are the advantages of modular vs. conventional garages?
There are many benefits to using prefabricated buildings, including:
- Energy-efficient – Metal buildings have been known to retain heat in colder months and reflect it back when it’s hot outside, which helps keep you cozy in the winter and cool in the summer. Moreover, no additional insulation is typically needed because metals naturally block out humidity.
- The air inside metal buildings is less likely to escape due to small crevices in the panels that keep the wind from penetrating the walls. In addition, metal is naturally resistant to water, humidity, rust, etc. It’s also fireproof.
- Repairable/replaceable parts – The components used to assemble a modular building tend to be removable or replaceable, which means if something breaks or needs replacement, manufacturers will often continue working with you to solve the problem.
- Storable/transportable – Pre-manufactured buildings can be stored and transported with a crane or a forklift, making them easier to store and transport than a traditional brick and mortar garage. This also decreases transportation costs because you don’t have to ship the building via rail, truck, barge, etc.
Can one person put up prefab garages? How long would it take?
Typically, one person could put up a prefab garage in a few hours. For example, purchasing our Mini Metal Workshop or Our Basic Deluxe Garage would take 1-2 people about 4-5 hours to assemble the building without any tools required.
How long can metal garages last?
It depends on how well they are cared for and the materials used in the construction process. Most metal buildings have a life expectancy of 100+ years and long-term rust warranties that protect against signs of rust for 10 -12 years after installation. In addition, some manufacturers guarantee your satisfaction with their products by offering top-notch customer service and high-quality standards to ensure your concerns are addressed.
How much do garage-sized modular metal buildings cost?
You can generally expect to pay around $15,000 for a smaller prefab garage and up to $55,000 for a larger one.
Is it true that metal garages are fireproof?
Yes, metal buildings are both fire and termite-resistant. This is because the metals used in construction naturally block out humidity as well as rust and water damage. The panels also resist fire which helps protect your possessions inside from extensive damage during an accidental blaze.
What are the different types of metal carports?
The types of prefab metal carports available include:
- Traditional – These are the most common type of prefabricated metal garages and typically come in various sizes ranging from 10′ x 14′ to 30′ x 60′. Traditional prefab garages are designed for easy set-up and installation, but they may require additional insulation in temperatures below 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Aluminum – Aluminum carports offer many benefits, including anti-rusting protection against harsh weather, water resistance, low risk of fire damage, and lower cost than steel. Some aluminum carports even have an aluminum skin that brings a beautiful sheen look to your yard when it’s installed over a concrete slab.
Can I add onto a prefab metal building?
Yes, it is very common for people to add on different components such as a workshop or storage room. In fact, many who have purchased metal garages add on bigger buildings over time.
Can you use prefab garages year-round?
In most cases, yes! Most metal garages are designed to protect from the elements and can endure long periods of both snow and sun. However, suppose you live in an area that experiences below freezing temps each year for a significant amount of time. In that case, we do suggest adding insulation to ensure your garage stays dry and warm inside while preventing ice dams along the roofline.
Winterizing metal Buildings: How is it done?
In addition to insulation, you can help “winterize” your metal garage by adding heated units. Heated units are typically placed underneath the building in an enclosed room and generate heat through electricity with heating pads. The electrical outlet must handle the unit’s wattage (usually around 15 amps).
What is modular construction? Why does it matter when building garages or sheds?
Modular construction is the process of designing and manufacturing buildings in smaller components or pieces to reduce on-site installation time. A building designed as a modular unit can be constructed quickly instead of taking several weeks like traditional on-site construction. This process allows for quick assembly with minimal inconvenience to the owner.
What are “insulated” prefab garages?
An insulated prefabricated garage is just that – insulated! When purchasing an insulated metal building, you’re making sure your garage stays warm during the winter months and remains cool inside during hot summer days. Insulated garages come with insulation placed on the roof, walls, or both to help protect against extreme temperatures.
Can you build a carport without electricity?
Yes, depending on the prefab metal garage you choose, there may or may not be an electrical outlet already installed. If not, we can provide you with a few options, such as installing your own generator box and running power where needed.
What special tools do I need to assemble a steel building?
If you’re assembling a metal garage yourself (some people prefer this option), you’ll only need:
Hammer: To tap down pieces and finish items like trusses and insulation before installation. Drills: Some optional tasks will require you to use drills, such as adding anchors for concrete slabs and foundations. Level: Each wall must be level for the structure to stand flat against each other.
How do you install an anchor for a garage?
Once the foundation has been laid down, you can attach your metal garage to it by using anchors. These are bolts that will secure both the bottom and corners of your building to ensure everything stays in place when wind speeds pick up. You may need to drill into concrete to bolt down your anchor correctly.
What are the advantages of owning a prefabricated steel or aluminum cabin?
Prefabricated buildings offer many benefits, including affordability, durability, rapid installation time, energy efficiency, and more! Steel garages are made with steel panels that deliver excellent weather protection, including resistance against rust and corrosion. When it comes to aluminum garages, they are lighter in weight and can easily be moved from place to place if needed.
What is a “cold-formed steel building”?
When put simply, cold-formed steel buildings are mass-produced using roll-forming equipment rather than traditional welding techniques. This makes them affordable while still offering the quality of a custom-built unit! Cold-form steel buildings come in various styles, including carports, workshops, storage units, and more! If you’re looking for a sturdy structure that’s aesthetically pleasing at an affordable price – cold-form may be perfect for you!
What are the pros and cons of modular buildings?
The biggest advantage of prefabricated buildings is the speed at which they can be constructed. When you purchase a modular structure, the units are typically transported to your location and can be assembled within a matter of hours! There are no on-site delays when it comes to assembling these units, so that’s one less hassle for you and your customers.
The only downside is that prefabricated buildings aren’t custom-built. If you need a specific shape or size, we recommend that you contact one of our metal building experts, and they can help find the right fit for your location and budget needs.
What are the different types of steel buildings?
There are many types of prefabricated metal buildings to choose from. They are divided into two categories: cold-formed steel buildings and hot-rolled steel buildings. Both offer durability and aesthetic appeal, so you can pick the style that best fits your needs.
- Cold-form steel buildings are manufactured using roll-forming equipment rather than traditional welding techniques, making them more affordable for a high-quality product! Cold-form steel offers a variety of styles, including carports, workshops, storage units, and much more.
- Hot-rolled steel buildings – this is another type of prefabricated metal building made with hot-rolled sheets of steel. They are more expensive than cold-form since they’re welded after being heated, making them stronger.
Steel panel buildings vs. traditional buildings: what’s the difference?
Steel panel buildings offer the most affordable option for purchasing a prefabricated structure. They’re made with cold-formed steel panels that are then bolted together to construct the shape of your choosing.
Traditional metal buildings are made using hot-rolled steel sheets, which creates a more sturdy and durable structure than cold-form. These types of prefabricated buildings can be customized in various shapes, sizes, and styles, so they typically cost more than steel panel buildings – but you’ll get a higher quality product!
Cities in Ohio
Warren, Cincinnati, Parma, Middletown, Westerville, Columbus, Cleveland Heights, Lakewood, Huber Heights, Mentor, Lancaster, Euclid, Lorain, Brunswick, Mansfield, North Olmsted, Newark, Dublin, Westlake, Youngstown, Findlay, Massillon, Cleveland, Springfield, Beavercreek, Kettering, Strongsville, Canton, Reynoldsburg, Fairfield, Elyria, Lima, Hamilton, Boardman, Upper Arlington, Marion, Gahanna, Dayton, Toledo, Cuyahoga Falls, Akron, Austintown, Stow, Fairborn