Prefab One Car Garage – Are you looking for a place to store your vehicle as well as some extra space to play with? Then you might want to think about a prefab 1 car garage/prefab one car garage. The common size for this type of garage is 12×24 which is an enough space for one medium-sized vehicle and enough spare space for a workstation and a few garden items. You can make the most of your garage by adding a loft or a full attic.
Find the Best Prices for Adding A Garage Building and Save!
What type of garage do you want to build?
Compare Quotes From Top-Rated Garage Builders
What type of garage do you want to build?
Here are a few things to keep in mind before buying a prefab 1 car garage/prefab one car garage:
What are some of the “must-have” qualities of a prefab one car garage?
- Garage Floor Boards – A heavy-duty floor is required for a 12×24 prefab garage. Without a good garage floor, the floor can become stressed, causing it to fail in the long term. A suitable illustration of what a garage floor should look like is a 12″ on the center floor joist, but if you want to go heavier-duty, an 8″ on the center would suffice.
- A Garage Floor That Has Been Pressure Treated – A pressure-treated floor is another useful addition to your 12×24 prefab garage. These sorts of floors will help slow down natural decay and have features that help resist termites, fungi, and a variety of other degradation-causing properties.
- Garage Ventilation and Temperature Control – On a 12×24 prefab garage, venting is a popular choice. To keep the interior of your new prefab garage cooler during the hot summer days, choose between gable vents and ridge vents. TechShield Sheathing is another excellent choice to explore. This product has a foil-backed lining that helps deflect heat waves from your garage’s roof. This, in conjunction with venting, makes a significant difference in maintaining a comfortable and temperature-controlled environment in your prefab one car garage. If you were to construct a workstation within your 12×24 prefab garage, you would want ventilation that would keep you cool in the summer but warm in the winter.
What can I store in a 12×24 prefab 1 car garage?
It depends on the type of your roof; a larger and wider roof indicates greater space. To begin, a 12×24 garage is adequate for one medium-sized automobile and some extra workplace. One average-sized vehicle, a four-wheeler, and a workbench are all able to fit in the 12×24 prefab garage.
How can I make additional space in my 12×24 prefab one car garage?
That may appear to be an odd question! Isn’t it true that every 12×24 has 288 square feet of space? True, but there are things that can be done to help create extra space inside the building.
- Garage 12×24 with loft – Adding a loft room to a 12×24 temporary garage is a simple and low-cost way to increase space. A loft space allows you to keep objects above the floor so that they do not obstruct the walkway. Because this is unused space, you may get more out of the same 288 square feet of construction. Adding a loft to your 12×24 one-car garage will not only provide you additional space, but it will also increase the value of your garage if you ever decide to sell it. Furthermore, the type of roof you have can have a huge impact on how much overhead space you obtain with a loft. Following that, we’ll show you a few different roof styles and explain the distinctions between them. Please keep in mind that not all of these styles may be accessible in your area.
- 2 Story Workshop Garage 12×24 – A two-story garage in a 12×24 footprint can roughly increase the inside area. It includes a whole second story as well as a stairs for convenient access. When you add Shed Dormers to your 12×24 Prefab One Car Garage , you may construct a retreat, business shed, or man cave on the second floor.
- Premier Dutch Barn Garage 12×24 – The Dutch Barn 12×24 Garage is your next best option for adding additional above storage space. A loft on either end, or even in the middle, may add a lot of extra room while also helping to keep your garage organized.
How much does a 12×24 Prefab Garage cost?
The cost of a 12×24 prefab one car garage ranges from $5,000 to $13,000, depending on the Prefab One Car Garage design, style, and options. Consider the economy garage if you want the most affordable 12×24 garage. To give you an idea, below are a couple 12×24 garage rates.
- Standard Workshop Garage 12×24 – Prices for the 12×24 start from $4,930 with LP SmartSide and your choice of paint colors.
- Premier Workshop Garage 12×24 – The Premier 12×24 Garage costs roughly $7,800 to build (dormer not included)
- Legacy 2 Story Workshop Garage 12×24 – The Legacy Two Story Garage provides nearly double the room. Prices for a 12×24 garage start about $12,800.
- MaxiBarn 12×24 Standard Garage – This garage will keep your belongings safe for a long time! The starting price is $5,023.00.
- Standard Saltbox Garage 12×24 – A 12×24 saltbox garage will provide you with all the room you need for your one-car garage while also giving a stunning outside appearance to your temporary garage. Prices begin around $5,400.00.